(From PBS Series)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Crumble into the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender along with olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic and nutritional yeast. Process on high until smooth and “ricotta-like”.
- Add the defrosted spinach to the blended tofu mixture.
- Cook shells in boiling salted water until el dente. Drain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour about ½ cup pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Stuff shells with 2 T of filling and place in pan, seam side down. Repeat until all shells have been stuffed.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over shells, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve!